Thursday, August 29, 2019

The ancient site of Dion


Dion is an ancient city in the region Thessalia or Aeolia as it was called in the distant past. What struck me from the begining of my trip in this region of Greece, was the amount of water stagnating in some of the ponds, almost submerging the gods statues in thick marshes. It seemed that ancient chants were whispered from the depth of the water, and the Lord of the Rings spirit was ever present, in the form of spider webs, crab legs and archaic stones. 



Water is life, water is profundity and water was awesome under the schorching Helios sun. It was so hot, i started to get burned while even wearing a hat and using sun protection. If i would've been smart, then i could have used a Microfiber Cooling Towel, but i didn't. Some things are learned by getting burned.



The area is so serene and tranquil sitting near the majestic Olympus Mountain, that you feel healed and cared for. In the ancient times Asclepius represented the healing aspect of medicinal arts, and it was granted god status by Zeus. 
The rod of Asclepius remains a symbol of medicine today. Sitting near his temples and sanctuaries in total awe, i was cured of any affliction. Asclepius temple is in a meadow, which you can see on the right covered with grass.


 The water was so pristine that i wanted to make myself a juice on the spot, but didn't have the right tools in my backpack. I am a big fan of squezed lemon juice and definitely wish i had this Fruit Infuser Bottle with me.




I saw a lot of animals in my trip and many of them have lightly bitten me in the Aegean sea, but surprisingly i haven't seen owls. In Greek mythology, a little owl (Athene noctua) traditionally represents or accompanies Athena, a symbol of knowledge, wisdom, perspicacity and erudition. I wish i would keep the light of wisdom alive even in the blackest nights with the special Owl Nightlamp

  

Legends keep talking about the sacred and heroic parts of a culture and historians have a different view focusing on military campaigns, conquest and slavery. Near the sacred river Vaphyras though nothing of the old battles is felt, but a calm tranquility. 

I wish you all a good relaxation.

1 comment:

  1. That moss is making me thirsty and hungry for soul food, longing to experience the mystic, the fenomenal, I imagined myself in Avalon, being a sorceress of ancient times past. I also felt it was about something else than explicitly painted in movies. In movies those women are at most misterious matrons. What I felt was simple, as if everything was inspired by lets say the movement and smell of grass in 50 degrees celsius, the feeling of trowing myaelf in the swamp of flowers and clover, the washing of long braid hair in ambrodia leaves. I felt like a robot jn comparison of how those women experienced mother nature and yet there was the rememberance of past lives that gave me the tools to relate, understand, feel what thry felt. I know I was there.

    ReplyDelete