Thursday, March 5, 2020

Why is Totoro so awesome and a few art creations

Alex Shaw
Alex Shaw, "Some people have a way with words - others.....not have way I guess" - Steve Martin.
My personal reading of the film is that the Totoros are sprites/ghosts of the forest that appear when a human is going to cross over to the land of the dead - in this case the girls’ mother.
The totoros take a liking to the sisters over the course of the film and decide to protect and ultimately save the mother and bring her back to health.
It is their innocence, kindness and respect that brings the family back together.
I’m sure there may be another reading of the film, but my family and I love this story, and from what I read I don’t think Mizayaki-San would deny us our version!

Janice Person
Janice Person, I have family from and in Japan, love the culture & visiting the country
Totoro is huge in my world, we had the Japanese language version before the English one came out. My nephew knew the story and songs to it just like he did Toy Story. We have lots of merchandise with Totoro… I have a stuffed one, my sister has a cat bus too!
What surprises me is how many others I have found love it.
Friends who are interested in anime and graphics were the first group I noticed, because after all of them love Miyazaki. I’d say it reached a bit of cult status in cities like New York. I can remember friends getting jazzed cause they got their hands on a laser disc from Tower in the 90s.
Later I found a lot of people with kids had bought the My Neighbor Totoro who didn’t even know it was a Japanese animation. Just bought it as a kid’s show.

Totoro fishing. The wall art can be purchased from here: https://displate.com/displate/1057196?art=5cd0249dad332


My Neighbor Totoro. The wall art can be purchased from here: https://displate.com/displate/1653407?art=5cd0249dad332

Totoro forest. The wall art can be purchased from here: https://displate.com/displate/1351252?art=5cd0249dad332


Studio Ghibli. The wall art can be purchased from here: https://displate.com/displate/572072?art=5cd0249dad332


Forest Spirit. The wall art can be purchased from here: https://displate.com/displate/466511?art=5cd0249dad332

A Night Riding the Wind. The wall art can be purchased from here: https://displate.com/displate/152362?art=5cd0249dad332

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Herpes simplex Viruses and every other diseases such as HIV/AIDS, CANCER, PARALYSIS, HPV, FIBROIDS, INFERTILITY,(INFECTIONS), and every others are curable. Best known to my is with the use of Herbal Remedies. I have said it before and still saying it Again, being an HSV carrier or any other isn't a death sentence. living on drugs to survive. Can Hinder you from many activities I can never be part of that to hide the truth. To be honest with you reading me again, it will be so disastrous if the rate of increase of sickness still exist and nothing is done yet for the physician therapist to anouced thier cures.
    Well I'm not longer interested but to the word , they're cures to all sickness/diseases. Dr. Odey Abang among many others is live curing people and through me others where curious meeting him and all got theirs. It's over a year now I got my cure and till date he had helped through me others have been cured , if you wanna contact him for your cure so you can confirmed. I'm Alex Armstrong from Chicago Illinois
    You can reach him up @
    odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete